Data Protection Clause
We need to ask for and process information about you in order to manage your accounts and provide the services that we offer. These details will be held securely in line with all data protection regulation, used only for the running of your accounts and we will never sell it on to third parties. There are occasions where we will share it with our service suppliers, for example with Credit Referencing Agencies for loans. More detail on this, how we manage your data and about your rights under the data protection regulation can be found in our Privacy Notice
Under the Distance Marketing Directive, you have the right to cancel your savings account within 14 days of opening without financial or other penalty.
It is possible to nominate a beneficiary to receive up to £5,000 of savings, in the event of a member’s death Beneficiary Nomination Form.
Loans subject to standard credit checks and are offered subject to status and conditions to members aged 18 or over. Written quotations for loans available on request. Loans can only be considered for members who have a savings account with Police Credit Union.
Under the Distance Marketing Directive, you have the right to cancel your loan within 14 days of completion, by repaying all funds borrowed plus any interest accrued.
Life Insurance is offered subject to conditions including a six month pre-existing limitation.
Police Credit Union is part of the Financial Ombudsman Scheme.
Police Credit Union is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. The Scheme guarantees to pay 100% of a maximum £85,000 should the Credit Union fail.
If you have a promotional code to quote, the following will apply:
- Serving or retired police officers, police staff, prison officers, armed forces and family members who are not currently Police Credit Union members and who complete an online application form will be eligible for the promotional offer
- Applications must be submitted to Police Credit Union online using code the code quoted
- By submitting an application form you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
- Police Credit Union reserves the right to reclaim the £10 deposited through this offer if an account is closed within six months of the date of application
- Offer made by Police Credit Union, Head Office, 2111 Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham B26 3EA
Winners will be advised in writing. Results are displayed at local Police Credit Union branches and on the Police Credit Union website. Entry to the Friends of Police Credit Union Lottery is exclusively for Police Credit Union members (who must be saving into a regular savings account). Payment of subscriptions to the Friends of Police Credit Lottery are generally made by deduction from payroll or pension. Where such facilities are not available with any force, alternative means may be arranged via your local branch.
Police Credit Union is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. The Scheme guarantees to pay 100% of a maximum £85,000 should the Credit Union fail. For more information please click here.